Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wouldn't a Personalized, Autographed Copy of Zero-Sum Game Make a Great Gift?

Don't know what to get that reader/business person/trader/investor/finance-type on your holiday shopping list? How about a personalized and/or autographed copy of Zero-Sum Game?

While I don't have the logistical set-up to mail out actual books, I DO have the ability to write notes on lovely (as well as high quality, acid-free, self-adhesive) bookplates and mail them to you free of charge. I've chosen a very simple design and currently have a supply of bookplates that will look something like the picture in this post when attached.

If you'd like one for your own personal copy of Zero-Sum Game and/or a gift you've bought for someone else, here's what you need to do:

1) Email me at Erika AT ZeroSumGameBook DOT com (if you're wondering why I just don't link to that email address and am writing it out like I did, it's to avoid spambots that troll blogs for email addresses). I can ONLY accept these requests through email in order to keep track of everything, please do not leave me a request through Facebook, Twitter or Blog Comment. I will respond to all requests by email just so you know your message was received.

2) Put "Bookplate" in the subject line

3) Include the following information in the body of the email:
  1. Who I should make the note out to, or whether you would like it left unpersonalized. If you have multiple people you'd like me to make a bookplate out to, that's fine, just please make it clear in your email message.
  2. Whether there's anything specific you'd like me to say in the note (if not, I have a few different lines I usually use). On this front, if you are someone who's followed my LOST blog and want me to include a little shout-out to the show, please let me know that as well. Finally, please remember that I have very limited space so I need to keep the notes short.
  3. The address to which I should mail the bookplate. At this point, mailing to the US and Canada is no problem, but because of the additional postage expense, I will only mail to the UK (and other countries where Zero-Sum Game is sold) if I'm provided with proof of purchase of the book.
I'll keep this offer open after the holidays as well, as I know lots of gift cards change hands this time of year and there might be book-shopping plans in the new year for many people.

And a big "thank you" to Bookplate Ink for their wonderful product!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! But can't you mail them in other European countries if I can show the proof of purchase?

Erika (aka "e") said...

Anon - Yes, absolutely!

Erika

Mair said...

you are just so awesome, e!

Donna H said...

this email address you gave does not work...hmmm

Erika (aka "e") said...

Hi there Donna -

I've gotten several email requests for the bookplate, so the email address definitely works... remember you will have to type Erika @ ZeroSumGameBook DOT com with no spaces and with making the "DOT" a .

If it still doesn't work for you, you can leave your request in the comments and I promise not to publish it!

Erika